Thursday, May 31, 2012

500 Miles and Not a Chemtrail in Sight!













Navajo Eagle Dancer
pencil drawing by Patrick Yazzie


I spent about half a week in Flagstaff Arizona, my daughter attended an orientation at Northern Arizona University. My older sister got her degree there in the 1960s back when it was called Arizona State Teachers College.


I've always loved Flagstaff, have many childhood memories of camping out between Williams and Flagstaff with the mighty San Francisco Peaks in background.  Its not where I grew up, but it is a part of my youth. The trip was about 8 hours. 500 miles by car.  It was just gorgeous blue skies all the way there!  I haven't see skies that blue and that clear in almost a decade.  I don't know who is behind stopping the chemtrails, whether its Military, ET, or higher dimensionals, but whoever it is, my sincere thank you one and all!






Flagstaff is a college town and has a long history.  I was surprised that Thai restaurants are more numerous than Mexican ones, that's a new change.  Arizona has a growing Thai immigrant population, much to the state's culinary benefit!  I had some of the best Thai food I've ever eaten.  



Monday I drove my daughter to see the Grand Canyon for the first time. If you've never seen the Grand Canyon, think of the biggest thing you can possibly think of on earth.  The Grand Canyon is bigger.  It was funny to watch my daughter's reaction to seeing it the first time.  She was speechless.  I wanted to take a photo of her by the railing but the depth of the Canyon is so deep she had a bit of fear of heights and didn't even want to get near the rail.  I laughed.






Tuesday I sought out one of the Mexican restaurants the locals frequent.  I was given directions in the local Babbitt outdoor outfitter store to one restaurant that was about 3 blocks away and across the railroad tracks.  I like to walk around the streets of a city I don't know, mostly for the conversations and people I meet.  The people in Flagstaff are very friendly and kind.


About halfway to the restaurant a Navajo man and his female cousin stopped me.  He was an artist and had a portfolio filled with drawings he created.  They were really good.  They needed a motel for the night as they were on their way through Flagstaff to New Mexico, and were short on cash.   I bought two drawings, the one above is one of them.  The other might be worth quite a bit of money, it has some really unusual history to it. If the history checks out I will sell it to collectors.   I am not going to publish it on the web right now.  It reminds me a bit of MC Escher's drawings.  It was a win-win deal, they got the money they needed for the night and I got some interesting art.



We had an interesting conversation as to what the San Francisco Peaks mean to the Navajo. The name Navajo is Spanish, they call themselves Diné or Naabeehó. There are four sacred mountains to the Navajo, The San Francisco Peaks (Doko'oosliid - Abalone Shell Mountain), Blanca Peak (Tsisnaasjini' - Dawn or White Shell Mountain) , Mt Taylor (Tsoodzil  - Blue Bead or Turquoise Mountain), and Hesperus Mountain (Dibé Nitsaa Big Mountain Sheep or Obsidian Mountain).  Patrick, my new artist friend, said the San Francisco Peaks are sacred place where Navajo release bad energy.  If they do something or say something bad to another person, they face the peak and say "Paah, Paah, Paah, Paah" and they believe this releases the negative energy they have created towards another human being.  He wanted me to smoke Indian tobacco with him and say a blessing on me, but I don't smoke and was having enough trouble with the 7,000 foot altitude and thin air as it was - I live at sea level, and I simply didn't have the time to spare. But I was happy I could help them have a place to stay for the night.








No comments:

Post a Comment