Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cheryl Richardson – Miraval Magic – Wisdom For A Better Life



Photo by Charles Bush
Photo by Charles Bush
I’m heading back to Miraval in a little over a week to teach my last retreat with Louise Hay.  As I was going through my files preparing for our time together, I found notes from our first retreat.  They represent the simple wisdom Louise has lived by – wisdom I’ve been applying to my own life with great success.
I hope you’ll use them, too!
  • Give problems minimal energy.  Problems come from nowhere and they return from whence they came unless you put a death grip on them.
  • Develop a loving relationship with the objects around you.  The next time you take a shower, for example, affirm:  “It’s such a pleasure to take a shower.  I am grateful for the people who designed and built this shower. The water feels so good and my life is blessed.”
  • Make friends with a mirror.  The single, most effective way to eliminate negative self-talk while at the same time strengthening your relationship with yourself is to do mirror work every day.  Each time you look into a mirror, affirm:  I love you (fill in your name).  I really, really love you. You look so beautiful and you have the best smile. You are my ideal woman (or man) and I love you dearly.
  • Think good thoughts. You’re living with yourself all day long.  Make sure you’re in good company.
  • Feeding your body good nutrition is a profound act of self-love. Start with one change.  Eliminate sugar, wheat, or dairy for one week and notice how good you feel.
  • Don’t steal. Taking things that don’t belong to you – even a paperclip from work – is declaring to Life that you are undeserving.
  • Test the power of affirmations. Not sure affirmations work?  Try this: Walk down the street thinking, “I’m so beautiful and everybody loves me.”  Keep repeating this affirmation quietly to yourself over and over again.  Then notice what happens.
  • Send love.  Take time throughout the day to breathe deeply, relax your shoulders and scalp, and send someone a loving thought.
  • Forgive.  Forgiveness is a profound act of healing.  Start by forgiving yourself.
Just a few good ideas to launch your week in a positive way!
Take Action Challenge
If you choose even one piece of advice from above and incorporate it into your life this week, you’re destined to feel better.  Choose one and have fun…
This week’s video is a fun look at a sexy dad.  You can find it here.  Thanks, Linda .
Uploaded 24 December 2012 by DaddyCrazy5
Life Makeover for the Year 2012(sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson.© Copyright 1999-2011 Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950, www.cherylrichardson.com. All rights reserved. Used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment