Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Laura Bruno – Creative Inspiration And Synchronicity

Of course, I shouldn’t feel surprised that my “faery-twin” friend Tania Marie just posted about her massive jolt of creative inspiration, as we always tend to mirror each others’ process. Tania’s recent postshares her journey and some fun photos and creativity quotes, which I decided to share here.
Like Tania, I’ve felt some big nudges lately to up the creativity quotient. After over a year and a half of not being able to practice yoga due to a sacrum injury, as of last week I can suddenly “do” yoga every single day.
What relief, and what a flow of joy and creative juices. David and I have also been listening each night to the book on tape version of Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. All the songs and magick had me itching to write a novel again, until last night I spontaneously started empathing Frodo’s shoulder injury, which reminded me that novel writing with all its inherent conflict to move the plot forward, isn’t exactly the kind of thing I’d love to create. If I wanted more conflict, I could just read the news or let my mind spin out on all manner of creative-destruction possibilities. Been there, done that … but the creative urge has grown very strong indeed.
Last night, David dug out a large blank canvas we found during our move. Time to paint a portal. I do love painting! Preferably doors, but any large canvas will do, especially since I already have a portal purpose for this one. Unlike novel writing, for me, painting expresses the freest opportunity to decide what I would most love to bring into being. I think this one will look like The World Tree on the surface, but I’m excited for all the Runic coding and delightful details I can add in and around the tree. Pulling several Faeries Oracle Cards this morning, followed by reading Tania’s post, just felt like winks and nods from the Universe: “Yep, Laura, roll up your sleeves and break out the colors. It’s time to paint your world!”
“Every day is an opportunity to be creative – the canvas is your mind, the brushes and colours are your thoughts and feelings, the panorama is your story, the complete picture is a work of art called, ‘my life’. Be careful what you put on the canvas of your mind today – it matters.” ~Innerspace
“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” ~Osho
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~Maya Angelou
“An artist paints, dances, draws, writes, designs, or acts at the expanding edge of consciousness. We press into the unknown rather than the known. This makes life lovely and lively.” ~Julia Cameron
“A truly creative person rids him or herself of all self-imposed limitations.” ~Gerald G. Jampolsky

No comments:

Post a Comment